Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sought through Prayer

Step 11:
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscience contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of his will and the power to carry that out.

I got to spend the weekend at a beach house in Rockaway Beach, Oregon with a good friend of mine.  A weekend in the middle of August you would think it's sunny right? Well, I get to report to you that in Oregon... August or not... Sunshine is not garuanteed.  Go figure.  I've lived here many many years now and that still hasn't stuck. 

Well, it was a nice weekend anyway! I got to spend HOURS in an antique shop. Yep, one. I got to spend more hours walking in Canon beach in Art galleries and boutiques.I got to spend two days in a row in my Bible before I had done much else each day.  I have a book that has 30 meditations for each step and I started step 11 on Saturday.  I really want to have a closer relationship with my God and walking on the beach in the sprinkley rain was a really poetic way to appreciate Him.  Taking deep breaths of the misty cool air, hearing the roar if the Ocean waves.  Smelling the saltiness of the sea.  Feeling the energy pulsing in flow of the blue waters.

I am enjoying be back at home with my husband and children, and do not have much else on my mind.  I really enjoyed my time away, but I really love being home.

Thank you God that my eyes were open to seeing you and one of your amazing creations.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment