Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

If you want something you’ve never had...


If you want something you’ve never had, you had to do something you’ve never done.

 

What a great saying.  I got it as a signature line on an e-mail I received at work today and it really stuck out to me. 
I went online to find where it originated from and see some trace it back to Thomas Jefferson.  I have been listening to a lot of Dave Ramsey (Financial Peace University) and he says a lot that mirrors that same general attitude.  It feeds right into the saying, Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity.  Unless you DO something DIFFERENT it will always be the same.  Why does that seem like such a novel idea??  It really should be a common sense type of lesson but I swear I must have missed that class.  Probably happened at some time I was too stoned to remember it, if I even showed up for the class!!

 

Today I am will try to do something different in the direction that I want my life to go.  It’s progress not perfection, right!?  But it ultimately starts with ME taking a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment