Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston and Texas and Ricin, OH MY!


There is amazing peace that comes from being able to go to a meeting where news about the Boston explosions, Texas Fertilizer plant and ricin laden letters are not talked about.  A safe haven where everyone wants to focus on a solution and not the problem.  I feel like a fly on the wall
sometimes just watching society rip itself apart.  I think we told God we didn’t want him involved in our lives so long he respectfully decided to let us see what happens when he backs away.  If people thought wars in history led by power hungry men, either “inspired by God” to do so or not, where horrible and in itself a reason to throw all “religion” away, I say this… it was better than the reality I watch my two young boys growing up in every day.  But every Wednesday I get to leave the boys, husband and sadness of what we are doing to ourselves at the door, and receive what God has for me in the solution of the message of recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction.  If I didn’t have this room, and these women available to me, “my” world would look much more like the chaos I see when I’m that fly on the wall. 

 

Thank you God for my women’s meeting.  Thank you no matter how sad life around me is, I don’t have to drink over it. NO MATTER WHAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment