Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Amanda Berry - Hero of the Day!

 
The world we live in is a crazy place.  I found myself sitting in front of my computer with my mouth open reading about the three women who escaped 10 years of captivity. Can you imagine that? 

 Just like the heroine in a Hollywood blockbuster, Amanda Berry saved not only herself but two other women and a 6 year old girl. These men are sad, sick men.  What’s EVEN MORE CRAZY is God still loves them anyway.  Of course he is appalled disgusted and pissed off about what they did.  But Jesus died for these sinner’s too.  I think I know how Jonah felt when he ran from God to share the message of repentance to Ninevah.  He ran away as far as he could (or tried anyway) because he did not believe they should have a chance, and if they did, those words were absolutely not going to come from his mouth.  How could this Amazing God who loves me and wants to have a relationship with me, personally, want the same thing with men like these.  I’m a Jonah some days.  Today is one of them even though with everything I have in me, I know I shouldn’t judge them, but pray that out of this horrendous situation they meet the God of the Universe who loved THEM so much, he gave his only Son so that the door would be open for them to seek God and have a relationship.  It’s that’s not an unconditional, endless pursuing type of love, I do not know what is.

Who am I to say their sin is greater or “worse” than mine.  Ugh.  I’m sure glad God is more gracious than I am.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment